Beach volleyball rules
These rules are still under review and may be revised for, but not limited to purposes of clarity, fair-play, or improvement of the competition.
Striker Soccer is a SOCIAL co-ed sports league first and foremost. Games will be self regulated but monitored by an official.
- Three games to 21, rally scoring, cap at 23.
- 1 time out per game
- Coed: at least 2 females on the court at all times. You can always have more females on the court.
- Teams can play with a minimum of 3 players one must be female to avoid forfeit.
- A team can choose to rotate after every turn or you can choose to have positions on the court. Each team will decide their team format and ensure the other team is aware before the first play of each game.
- A 10 minute forfeit time will be given at each game time.
- If a team forfeits two matches over the course of a single season, Striker Sports & Social reserves the right to remove that team from the league without refunding the entrance fee.
- Only one toss or release of the ball is allowed. Dribbling or moving the ball in the hands is permitted.
- At the moment of the service hit or take-off for a jump service, the server must not touch the court (the end line included) or the floor outside the service zone.
- After the hit, he/she may step or land outside the service zone, or inside the court.
- The server must hit the ball within 8 seconds of the next set.
- A service executed before both teams are ready, is cancelled and repeated.
- The ball shall be hit with one hand or any part of the arm after being tossed or released from the hand(s).
Net Play & Faults
- Players may touch the post, ropes, or any other object outside the antenna, provided that it does not interfere with play.
- When the ball is driven into the net, causing it to touch an opponent, no fault is committed.
- To touch the opponent’s court with any part of the body is permitted provided that it does not interfere with the opponent’s play.
- A player may enter the opponent’s court after the ball goes out of play.
- Players may penetrate into the opponent’s free zone provided that they do not interfere with the OPPONENT’S play.
- A ball traveling to the opposing side can never touch any objects in it’s travel. ( in our case, when the ball hits a branch during serve, attack or, free-ball !) At these instances the play is dead, and the opposing team is granted a point.
Sets, Carries, Double Contact
- The ball may touch various parts of the body, provided that the contacts take place simultaneously. Double contact on ANY first ball is legal.
- The ball must not be caught and/or thrown.
- The ball must enter and exit both hands simultaneously, on 2nd and third contact!
Attack / Block
- To block or attack an opponent’s service is forbidden.
- A back-row player, can NOT down-ward attack a ball in the front-row. He or she may hit/set or free-ball the only upwards, in the front-row.
- A player can not touch the ball or an opponent in the opponent’s space before or during the opponent’s attack hit.
- A player can not interfere with the opponent’s play while penetrating into the opponent’s space under the net.